Courtroom Rules and Information
- No weapons are permitted in the Municipal court building or any other city building.
- Be on time- showing up late could result in not being admitted into the courtroom.
- Sit quietly in the courtroom whenever court is in session.
- Reading newspapers in the courtroom, particularly if this causes a distraction, generally is not allowed.
- When addressing the Judge, do not lean on the bench.
- No food, drinks, or gum chewing is allowed in the courtroom.
- Smoking is prohibited by law in all areas of City buildings, when you are free to leave the courtroom, you will find smoking areas available outside the court building
- Avoid bringing small children to court. If you must, please monitor their behavior so they remain quiet at all times. Parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly.
- Please wear suitable clothing to court. It is inappropriate to enter the courtroom unless you are wearing at least a T-shirt, pants (including Bermuda shorts in summer months) and shoes. T-shirts that carry offensive slogans or pictures are not allowed.
- Hats should be removed before entering the courtroom.
- Cell phones and pagers need to be turned to the silent or off positions while in the courtroom-failure to do so could result in you being asked to leave the courtroom.
On your appearance date there will be no need to check in with a clerk. Please wait in the main lobby for the bailiff to open the courtroom doors.